Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Padre Bernardo Week 17

Transfers! Baptism!

Well, I´m actually writing this on Tuesday because yesterday was transfer meeting and Elder Lafaiete ended up getting transferred to a new area along with Sister Gimenez who was also in our district. So yesterday I went in to Brasilia to pick up my new companion Elder Valerio who seems way cool, but I haven´t even had 24 hours with him yet, so I´ll let you guys know more next week.

As far as everything else this week it was all really great, normal busy week, preparing for Lafaiete to leave, teaching lessons, etc, etc.. We actually went to Brasilia on Wednesday as well for a training from the mission Assistants which was way good and inspiring, I really enjoyed it.

But going to Brasilia twice in one week also means I have almost no money until reimbursements come in, so that´ll be interesting this week.

Yesterday I ended up spending all day in Brasilia and we didn't get back until pretty late which is why this email is going out Tuesday instead of Monday. It also means I have almost no time.

But something that did happen on Saturday that was amazing was the baptism of Larielly. She is an amazing 16 year old girl, who had some of the most profound questions and deepest interest of anyone we've taught. A lot of people have questions about the Bible and Jesus but when it comes down to showing their faith they don't want to wake up for church, or stop their bad habits. Larielly was different in the sense that she did everything she needed to do, everything we asked of her and more to prepare for baptism, and that really was rather amazing.

Anyways that's it for this week, I love you guys tons, Merry Christmas!!

Elder Hyer

The pics are of our new custom made Padre Bernardo shirts, and at the baptism of Larielly.

No comments:

Post a Comment