Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, January 16, 2017

Samambaia - Week 5

1/16/17

João-Carlos, Soccer, Rain

Well the rain has finally started pouring down on a regular basis which I am surprisingly happy about because at least there isn't blistering sun!

João-Carlos is epic, he is the husband of a recent convert and they have 2 kids. Anyways, he has had a smoking problem which is why he never got baptized. He's been smoking like 35-40 per day. This week we had a super spiritual lesson with him and we set goals. He smoked 10 cigarettes yesterday and by Tuesday our goal is to have him completely stopped. He is supposed to get baptized this coming Sunday. I'm super excited!!!!!!!

Other than that I've been playing a lot of Soccer on Mondays and my goalie skills are improving (I'm the goalie because I'm white). It was pretty funny when we were choosing teams and positions they just straight up said "white skin, blue eyes, can you play goalie?" hahaha little did they know I am a ninja ball stopper. Ok ya that's enough pride. Have a great week everyone, tchau!

Elder Hyer
No, this is not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment