Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

MTC Week 3

Hey guys,

So not much to say honestly, the weeks are pretty repetative here although everyday is a blast.  Elder Leonardo has been "making" me do push-ups every night so I might actually be proportionate by the time I get home.

Family History has still been awesome.  I just finished Lindsay Rawlins autobiography, it was very long.  I would laugh out loud at some points which got some looks from my companion.  I especially enjoyed the stories of his wife learning how to drive, that made me laugh.  Again, it was really interesting to read the mission stories, they were pretty cool.

Mom I broke out the book you gave me because people were showing theirs off and let's just say you're pretty tough competition, ha ha.  But seriously that has been great to have already.  I still can't believe the amount of time you put into it.

So this week we got a new solo sister missionary in our district which takes us up to fourteen desks crammed into one classroom, but she's really nice.  We started TRC this week which basically means every Friday we teach members in Portuguese, and a lot of them are either natives or returned missionaries.  It's really spiritual and very fun.

Brother Henry, one of our teachers, taught us for the last time yesterday.  He's moving to Georgia.  It's a little sad because he was a great teacher.  He took the last hour of class and just showed us mission pictures and told stories.  He is an inspirational guy, I'm pretty sure we all got renewed excitement to actually get out into the field.  Our zone leaders also left yesterday, that was sad.  But Elder Bingham and Elder Young from our district are the new zone leaders, they'll do a great job.

The Gospel is amazing.  I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father sent his son Jesus Christ, a perfect being, who was willing to die for all of our sins in order to allow God's perfect plan of happiness to come forth.  Missionary work is an amazing thing.  There is nothing else I'd rather be doing right now than this great work.  It brings hapiness to so many people's lives, not the least of which being mine.

I miss you all, keep up the emails.  It's always nice to hear about what's going on in all of your lives.

I love you so much,
Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment