Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WA-TAC Week 4

Hey everyone, 

I can't believe I'm already in my 5th week in the mission field. I'm almost done with this transfer, it's crazy. Everything here is still way way awesome.

This week was full of knocking. The reason why is that only Elder Marsh is allowed to drive the car, which means that whoever is not with Elder Marsh that day has to either ride bikes all day or get dropped off somewhere for an appointment, and then when it falls through we knock until we can get picked up again. I have knocked on hundreds and hundreds of doors this week, not to mention the fact that it's way hot here, but I'll address in a sec. The hard part about knocking doors so much this week is not the walking or the cursings yelled at us, but the lack of any success from it. Finding has been really hard recently and we are trying to think of different ways to enlarge our teaching pool.

The weather for the past week has been exceptionally hot, like really really hot. The problem is that no houses here have air conditioning because "it doesn't get hot here", but that's a huge lie. So this week we sweat outside and then get invited inside and sweat some more.

The few investigators that we do have, have been good but slow, this was the last week of school for everyone here so everyone has been really busy, which in turn made it difficult to teach lessons. I'm really excited for summer when people are actually at home.

This companionship still rocks, we have a good time.

I recently heard from several of the guys from my MTC district that got reassigned. Several of them got their visas, so maybe mine is on its way? Maybe not? We'll see.

Not much more to say that I can think of to be honest, I miss you guys a bunch.

Love you,
Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment