Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, July 20, 2015

Wa-Tac Week 10

VISA!!!!

Hello everyone this is Elder Hyer emailing you out of Lacey, Washington, but soon to be emailing you out of Brazil!!

Yep, this week I found out that I got my Visa. On Thursday we had zone conference, where we basically receive a bunch of training and it's really spiritual. During one of the meetings President Blatter called me outside and told me the news that I received my Visa. The first words that came out of my mouth was "Oh no" because usually once you get the Visa they send you out of there as soon as possible, like in a couple days. But I was then told that I will not be leaving this area until August 4th, the last day of the transfer, which couldn't be better. I will then be spending two weeks in the Brazil MTC in São Paulo to refresh my Portuguese skills and then I will finally be in Brasilia!


Needless to say I am really excited. But there has been some other really neat things that occurred this week as well,

For one, Curt, an investigator of ours is finally on date for the 25th of July. He is such a good guy and I am so excited to see him enter the waters of baptism. He strives so hard to live worthily and he reads the scriptures more than just about anyone I know (other than maybe missionaries :) ). But his change of heart is a blessing and I'm excited.

Sister Church has chosen a date for her marriage and baptism so that will be happening in a few weeks.

Yesterday during Gospel Principles class in church there was a lady there that we had never met before, and at the beginning of the class when the teacher asked if anybody had any questions this week, she raised her hand and said "I want to be baptized, how do I do that?" Naturally we were pretty shocked and at the end we set up an appointment to teach her that evening and she is now excitedly on date for baptism on July 31st!!! That just doesn't happen everyday.

I was also able to go see Erick's baptism this week, he was an investigator that we were working with in my last area and so that was really cool to see.




Heavenly Father is amazing, he has given me so many blessings and opportunities for me to learn and to have joy. I love being a missionary so much. I'm so excited to go to Brazil, but I still have work to do here. I love you all so much and I look forward to emailing next week!

Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment