Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WA-TAC Week 7


Hey everybody,

This week has been a lot of fun. As I mentioned last week I've been transferred to the Lacey 1st and 2nd Ward serving with some more zone leaders, Elder Short and Elder Ivie, and it has 

been a blast.
Elder Short has been out 23 months so he finishes this transfer which is kind of sad but he's still staying focused and there's a lot that I can learn from him. He is from West Valley Utah. He's a really cool guy. Elder Ivie has been serving for about 9 months or so and is also just a good missionary and a fun person. He is from St. George Utah. We have a lot of fun.

We have some great investigators here, namely Shawn and Jessie who are two really cool guys who have been reading the Book of Mormon and have been coming to church, they are both trying to quit smoking which can be hard, There is also Sam who is in the army and is just about perfect, he is also reading, really is looking for truth and works as hard as he can to come to church even if its straight from work, I really like him. There is also a sister Church who is working on getting married to her husband so that she can be baptized, she is also great.


One day this week we were driving along and we felt this thump against the side of our car, and we thought we saw a bird, so we turned around and saw this bird frozen in the position shown in the
picture. The bird
literally flew into our car and then sat in that position on the sidewalk, with it's beak open. We took a picture and went to an appointment. After the appointment we came back and it was still there! in the same position! It was literally sitting there for like 30 min. I hope it was just stunned and eventually recovered, but it was way weird.

I think that's about it for this week, I am still getting to know the area. I love you all and I'm loving it here in Lacey! I have been really lucky to have great companions so far and like I said, I'm really loving it.
Bye!

Elder Hyer

Our mission leader in Silverdale 1st ward and some of his family, he is a great mission leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment