Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Wa-Tac Week 8

Hey everyone, this week has been sooo much fun. I'm 19 everybody!! Woohoo! And I would like to thank everyone for all of the amazing presents I got, like I'm talking a billion cookies, letters, delicious foods, ties, some other great stuff, and just to brag my sister Lindsay sent me the coolest drawing in the world cause she is awesome!


My birthday was pretty sweet, besides the packages I went on an exchange with the Elders from the 4th ward and set up tents and moved wood for 3 hour for a local campground, it was fun... Other than that we basically just did normal stuff, oh and my birthday was also hot, but that was every day this week.

This week has probably been the hottest week of my life, I don't even think it gets this hot in Brazil, I mean seriously it's been so extremely hot. Fortunately there are these trees with little plums all over the place so I've eaten probably 50 - 60 of those this week, which was pretty nice. I’m not exactly sure those made up for the heat but it made it a little bit better.

I live right next to train tracks, and that means that trains pass by our house all the time, loud noises every 30 minutes or so... so that's a little annoying but on the bright side it doesn't wake me up so who cares right?

As far as investigators go we have sister Church who is awesome, she has been coming to church every week and is just an awesome lady, her only hang up is that she is not married to her "husband" and she is working up the courage to do that so keep her in your prayers.

Shawn and Jessie are both friends and Jessie in particular is really interested, Shawn is a little more hesitant and he got put in jail for a few days this week and has to go to court. It's been a hard week for him, but there are consequences to our actions, and hopefully he will allow himself to grow from this experience.

This week has been rough on finding new investigators, the problem with this weather in Washington is that because it rarely gets hot here none of the houses have AC which means when a heat wave like this hits everybody is basically just miserable whether they are inside or not and it's not exactly the best environment for teaching, so hopefully it will cool down soon.

That's it for this week. I love you all and again thank you so much for everything it was a great week.

Love,
Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment