Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Friday, August 14, 2015

BRAZIL !!!

Hey everyone!! It´s your favorite Brazilian from the Sao Paulo CTM. Things have been really great here.

Let's see, the plane ride here first of all was one of the longest days of my entire life, like it was long long long. I´m pretty sure it was roughly 14 hours total of flying, and I didn't sleep the entire time which made the first day here at the CTM pretty... well lets just say I was tired :) By the time I got to sleep it was over 35 hours that I hadn't slept. I was exhausted. But now I am all recovered and loving it.


I am once again in a trio (as a side note, because of all the trios I've been in if you include MTC time, I have now had 8 companions which is a lot). Anyways their names are Elder Young who was actually in my district at the Provo MTC and Elder Remund who just got back on his mission after going home for 3 months because he broke his hand. They´re both good guys.

As far as which MTC is better It's a hard choice, on one hand I really loved the Provo MTC because I just had a blast. But here the food is better. We have rice and beans literally every day and fresh juice of all different kinds every day and just really good food.

The people here are amazing, especially the Brazilians. We have some in our room and in our hallway and we just talk with them all the time, and I laugh so hard, they are some of the funniest people I've ever met, and you know what? Now that I've been here for a while I´m understanding so much better and I can actually talk with them, it´s epic. Every day we play volleyball with the Brazilians and it´s way fun, although half of them use their feet instead of their hands :)

Not a whole lot more to say other than that we have been studying Portuguese literally all day every day here and it´s great. That's the good thing about this MTC is you probably learn the language twice as fast which is amazing. We have 3 teachers for the morning afternoon and evening. Irma Silva, Orfilla, and Fouco. They are all great.

Another great thing about this MTC is you get to take the Onibus to some busy place in Sao Paulo and try to teach people and give them a Book of Mormon. It´s really fun. And every time we go out (we got to go 3 times total) we get better and better at it.

There is graffiti all over Sao Paulo but some of it is actually quite amazing, that really was neat to see. And there are just stray dogs walking around the city, it´s crazy!

By the way the Onibus is insane, because the traffic here is just so crazy. I mean people are weaving in and out all over the place, motorcycles everywhere and the buses are just as crazy, and half the people are standing up, like us, and getting thrown around all over the place, it´s pretty funny. For you Harry Potter fans basically imagine the Knight bus from harry potter, the way it drives and you understand the Onibus:).

Anyways that's it for now. Now I get to go walk around outside and shop because on P-days here you can do that! I´m way excited. I love you all so much.

Elder Chandler Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment