Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, August 3, 2015

Wa-Tac Week 10




Good Bye Washington

Well This is it, It's weird to think about, but I'm flying to Brazil tomorrow. I had mixed feelings about leaving but things really worked out perfectly this week before I left.

First of all and most exciting is we had two baptisms this week!!

On Thursday Candice got baptized which was really special. She was first married to her husband Justin by Bishop Erickson and afterward she was able to be baptized which was just amazing.

Then two days later Kurt was able to be baptized as well, he is such a great guy. He told us this week that when missionaries first talked to him he had a few problems but as we kept coming by he slowly changed his habits to the point where he doesn't drink or smoke anymore. He's an amazing guy and I was so lucky to be able to see him baptized.


Natasha had a bit of a set back this week but she is working on things and will most likely get baptized very soon. Repentance is an amazing thing and I am excited for her to get baptized even if I won't see it.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend a really neat fireside. Marvin Goldstein and Vannessa Joy came to our stake and played the piano and sang beautifully. It was actually quite amazing. Marvin is a jewish man who converted to the church and Vanessa is also a member. They are both very talented.

I have unfortunately ran out of time this week but I love you all and I'm exited to fly to Brazil tomorrow!! I guess the next post will be from Sao Paulo!!
Love you all,

Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment