Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, October 12, 2015

Padre Bernardo Week 9

This week was really crazy, not much happened, we just worked like nuts.

This week I learned a lot about missionary work. Elder Lafaiete (my companion) is really an amazing missionary. We have a lot of investigators right now that are just progressing so amazingly.

Our leading investigator right now is Uelton. We first met him in the street while talking to some people we used to teach and we ended up asking him if he wanted to be baptized right there in the street, and he accepted! Since then for the last few weeks we've taught him what it means to be baptized and we've talked with him a lot, and the change is amazing. What I've seen is this 17 year old kid who was doing nothing, and just didn't really care about anything, to being excited about baptism and attending church every Sunday morning.

We also have Ester and her daughters that we are teaching, they are just a very hilarious family, the kids are kind of all over the place which just makes things interesting, but they all are preparing for baptism which is incredibly exciting.

We have a lot of other people we are teaching, but at this point there isn't much else to update. I´ll let you guys know about things as they happen.

In other news I ate cow organs this week, (I think it was just cow liver it really wasn't that bad). And I got an amazing package from my awesome parents full of chocolate, a pair of shoes, candy, sunflower seeds, and amazing stickers. (stickers are popular out here in the mission)

Also I saw a chicken eat another chicken this week... I am not joking, I did not realize chickens were canabalistic, but this chicken definitely ate a recently deceased chicken. Admittedly I was a little shocked. Beware of chickens everyone.

Lastly, I hate the height of Brazilians, because it means they make really short doorways, not always but often enough. I was in a house this week that was really messy so as I started walking out of the house I was looking at the floor to ensure that I would not step on anything, and what ended up happening was I slammed the top of my head really hard into the top of a doorway made out of concrete, and that hurt, I was bleeding a little bit, everyone feel sorry for me.

But overall everything is rather amazing, Brazil is awesome, juice is amazing (I tried green mango juice this week which is way good), and Portuguese is getting much better.

Love you all hope you have a decent week,

Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment