Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Padre Bernardo Week 10


Sol, Sol, Sol,

Sol means sun for those of you that don´t know, and it has just been so incredibly hot all week. The first thing I want to say is that summer is coming and I´m feeling it.

Other than the sun things have been going really really well. We have an awesome group of progressing investigators right now.
Our top investigator right now is Uelton. He is on date to be baptized this Saturday the 24th. He is a way good kid who has given up everything we have asked of him without hesitation, and I haven't seen anyone so excited for baptism. I´m pretty excited as well.

Next Saturday we also have the baptism of Ester´s kids Juliana, Stephanie, and Adeline and they are amazing. Ester is really great, loves us a lot but just doesn't have quite as much desire as the kids do. But a cool experience that we had was Saturday when we were talking to Ester about coming to church, and she told us that she had to go buy something, find a new something (I didn't completely understand) and then her 12 year old daughter starts to try to talk her mom into going to church but without success. Then Juliana boldy tells her mom "well I´m going to go" And all of the daughters came, led along by the youngest of them all. It´s neat to see the dedication some people naturally have.


Elias is steadily improving, he told us in our last visit that the Book of Mormon is amazing and that there is no other book like it, he knows it´s true. The work that we do, converting people to the gospel would be so much harder without the Book of Mormon, It is an amazing book with a promise that if you will read it and pray you will know its true. And so far I've always seen that promise work.

In other news we changed our location for church, we are now renting a small place to meet in. Not to mention our awesome new sign for our church that we had made. Church this week was great. We had 2 recent converts give talks this week, both of whom did a excellent job.

Coconut is great! Yesterday a family gave me the inner husk part of the coconut, its hard and you break off pieces of it to eat, but it tastes so good, and I didn't even like coconut in the States! I don´t know why but fresh coconut is just so much better than I ever thought it would be.

Well that´s about it this week, transfers are coming up this Monday so I´ll let you guys know what happens there. I´m expecting some big changes. Also this next week is really hot, our coolest day is supposed to be around 100, and our hottest is supposed to come in at 108 degrees..... pray for me!

Anyways, love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Hyer









No comments:

Post a Comment