Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, October 5, 2015

Padre Bernardo Week 8



Well, I am officially a quarter of the way through my mission and it's hard to believe, these were com certeza the fastest 6 months of my entire life.
This week was crazy! We just worked way hard all week preparing for conference this Sunday.

So first of all I have been having the best breakfasts that I've ever made in my life. This week I went and bought tomatoes and peppers, and cheese, and ham, along with oatmeal, and man I have just had the most delicious omelets every morning with oatmeal after. just to make you all jealous.

Other than breakfast this week we have been working with Uelton who is this 17 year old kid who is just so awesome. He listens to everything we teach him, and I don´t even know what to say about him, you could tell when we met him he wasn't going anywhere in life but he is loving what we are teaching him and it's cool to see the changes being made in this young man.
We also are teaching Ester and her 3 daughters. They love us a lot. That's the easiest way to explain it, they've been coming to church and they love the spirit that they feel there, it´s really quite amazing how just acting a little bit on your faith brings so many blessings into your life.
That's something I've been doing my best at improving at is simply trusting in my faith that God will help in this work of converting people to the gospel. It´s really funny how when I try to do it by myself I fail, but with God we know all things are possible and when we will simply trust in miracles they come.
We had a rather amazing miracle happen this week with our investigators. This week we had General Conference, so we got the opportunity to go to Brasilia to watch the prophet and leaders of the church talk to us live being broadcast to all the members of the world. It´s quite amazing. We really wanted to bring our investigators but despite looking all week for a bus to take us we had no luck... until Friday when we finally found one after much prayer. So Saturday then turned into a busy day of trying to get as many people as we could to come to conference, and amazingly we got a bus full of about 20 people between recent converts and investigators. Ester and Uelton both came which is a big deal considering we were asking these people to meet us at 9 in the morning to go watch people talk in a church and then they didn't even get back to their homes until after 6 at night. It is amazing what people are willing to do when they feel the spirit.

Anyway that's about it for this week, love you all so much, I hope your weeks were all amazing,

Love,
Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment