Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Planalto - Asa Norte - Brasilia Week 3

Trapped in an elevator...

So this week was full of adventure!!
First of all this week was the last week of Carnival, and then we also got trapped in an elevator...

So first the elevator. Tuesday we got invited by the sisters to have lunch at a member's house since our lunch fell through. They asked us to walk to their apartment building and they would lead us to the member's house. But when we got there they said it was going to be a while and invited us to wait in the lobby (which is on the second story). Instead of taking the stairs I decided to call the elevator (this was a mistake). We walked in and I pressed the button for the second floor, the door shut, and nothing happened, the elevator wouldn't move and the door wouldn't open. That is when I found out that my companion has serious claustrophobia (it was a tiny elevator). He started freaking out and after about ten minutes we managed to figure out that if we held down the emergency button we could force the door to open. So yeah that was a fun adventure.

As far as Carnival it's not too crazy here. I just saw a bunch of dressed up people, guys dressed up as girls ("Dude looks like a lady!!") and there was a fat shirtless guy that called out "Elders!" and started making profane gestures (I think he was drunk). But that's about all the craziness that I saw as far as Carnival goes.

One investigator is progressing well. Rogelina was at church again this week and all signs are pointing to her getting baptized on the 21st of February.

On the other hand most of our other investigators have had one thing or another stopping their progress which can be a little frustrating. But I don't want to sound like I'm not enjoying the area because I really am loving it. My companion is great, the group of members in the ward are awesome, and my Portuguese is better than ever. 


That's about it for this week, love you all bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment