Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, February 29, 2016

Planalto - Asa Norte - Brasilia Week 6

SolarBeam, Transfers, Rogelina!!

Brasil, use SolarBeam!! Elder Hyer takes 50 damage!!

So this is how I feel, like Brasil is blasting me with the sun. P-day we had a zone activity and I just got destroyed. So apparently I have to use stronger sunblock, and walk during the day with an umbrella to protect from the sun if you can believe it (I feel like a girl), but oh well, it's helping.

In other news this transfer has come to an end, we are both, my companion and I, staying here in the same area which is great. I'm liking my companion and my area, so I'm looking forward to spending another transfer here. I learned a lot this transfer, I learned that the Atonement of Jesus Christ doesn't only pay for our sins but he can really help us, lift us up, to keep on working, to keep on striving when things are frustrating and hard and we just want to sit down and take a break. And more than ever I really learned the importance of studying the scriptures, "...for in them ye think ye have eternal life" John 5:39.

Anyways to finish up, we managed to Baptize Rogelina this week!! She started out not wanting to be baptized because she thought she was "too old to be baptized" she was found by missionaries 3 years ago and taught on and off for years! Finally, I think she has had an understanding and a desire to follow in the footsteps of our savior and it's amazing to see someone enter the Church of Jesus Christ and find the happiness that only comes from following God's commandments.

Love you all and I hope you have the most amazing week, bye bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment