Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, March 7, 2016

Planalto - Asa Norte - Brasilia Week 7

Well this week was pretty normal to be honest but some fun things happened.

Tuesday after district meeting we went with a few other missionaries to eat at a barbecue place that I had never been to before, and man it was way way good. I'm talking all you can eat amazing barbecue, grilled pineapple with cinnamon, and all you can eat amazing beans and rice, and let's just say I ate "até o pó" (basically meaning I ate a freaking ton). Anyway, afterwards I just felt really full and about an hour afterwards I just felt worse and worse until I ran to the bathroom and threw up everything... I was really sad that I wasted so much food. But I definitely will be going back (It was that good).

The other day we received a bunch a raw meat, but as 19 and 20 year old missionaries we have no idea how to season and cook meat so we asked the help of Irmã (sister) Vilma, a member here, and she is awesome. We basically had a cooking lesson with her and she taught us how to make rice, season and cook meat, and make home-made yogurt. And then we got to take it all home!! So that was fun.

It has been a pretty boring, rainy rest of the week with very few people in the streets and it's been a little difficult to find more people to teach. But Sunday Rogelina was confirmed a member of the church which was awesome!! and during the day we received 2 good references from members which was really cool. We are really excited to meet with them. So along with all of that, I am just fantastic!!

Hope you all have the best week ever!
Com amor,
Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment