Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, March 28, 2016

Planalto - Asa Norte - Brasilia Week 10

Tererê, Easter, Awesome Box!!

This week was great!

First of all Happy Easter to everybody!!! My Easter included eating some chocolate, working, and rummaging through my box that my Mom sent because my Mom is awesome! She is literally the best, sorry everyone.

This week was pretty cool as far as investigators go, Marcio is progressing a lot and is way cool. Unfortunately he and his wife will be travelling for a few weeks so it might be a few weeks until his baptism, but he is awesome. Other people we are teaching are progressing little by little too.

This week I discovered the delicious drink that is called Tereré! it's really good. It's this herb that you put in a cup with a metal filter/straw and you pour in cold water or juice and drink it. I really like it... I´ll send a picture.

Friday was what they call Sexta-Feira Santa (Holy Friday) and everything was closed, I mean everything. No one was on the roads at all. I was pretty mad about it for a little bit because that was the day we ran out of toilet paper at home and literally every supermarket was closed. I wasn't very happy... Also on the Friday before Easter no one eats red meat in remembrance of Christ which is pretty cool.

Other than that work was a little slower, being the week of Easter, and there was just no one in the road we could talk to the whole weekend. But things are generally awesome and that's it for now. I hope you all have an amazing week.

Love,
Elder Hyer
The sisters in our district had a baptism
Get-together with the district
The apartment building where we live
My companion's favorite little car he says looks like a hamster.
delicious drink that is called Tereré
Easter box!!!
Stuff that came in my Easter box from the family

No comments:

Post a Comment