Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Planalto - Asa Norte - Brasilia Week 11

General Conference, Daniel, One Year!!!!!

Hey everyone! so this week has been pretty dang awesome. To start off Chiquinhos opened up this week here in Asa Norte which is a sweet milkshake place and I like it :). Ok other than that some other cool stuff happened too.

This week I had the opportunity to do an exchange with Elder Cavalcante which was really neat. He is finishing up his mission of two years this Wednesday. It was really cool to work with him because he was actually my Zone leader in Padre Bernardo, my last area! The opportunity to work with an experienced missionary is always great, I was able to learn a lot.

The day after the exchange with Cavalcante we found an awesome investigator named Daniel. He works at home, is a smart guy and was instantly interested in our message. So we shared the message of the restoration with him and the spirit was very strong. He wasn't able to attend General Conference this week but we are hoping he will be able to attend church next Sunday.

So anyways, probably the most exciting news is that Friday I hit the one-year mark in my mission!!!! Woohoo!!! I am officially halfway done and man it's passing really fast. And I only hear that it goes even faster after one year. To celebrate I opened the coolest present ever from my family (or really my Mom) and we drank root beer that we managed to find in a store here (but it's kind of expensive).

To top off an already awesome week we had the opportunity to watch General Conference once again and what a spiritual experience that was. to have the opportunity to listen to the Lord's modern-day Prophet and his Apostles. I know that they truly receive revelation for our days and I would recommend everyone go watch it.

Well, the mission continues to be awesome after a year and I can't wait to see what this next year has in store. I hope you all have an amazing week, love you all soo much, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment