Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, March 21, 2016

Planalto - Asa Norte - Brasilia Week 9

Marcio!, Exchange, and I love Brasilia

First about Marcio. Marcio, his wife Claudineia, and their baby son moved into the Ward 3 weeks ago and started coming to church. Claufineia is a member of the church but Marcio is not and had never been to church before he moved here. So we decided to visit. They live in this awesome hotel right by the Plano (central Brasilia) that's super cool. Anyways, we ended up getting in contact with him this week to teach him and he accepted our invite to get baptized depending on the answer he receives, but we are way excited, he has already been to church 3 times and we are hyped.

I went on an exchange with Elder Thomas this week who is a missionary in our District. It was pretty funny as he tried to do contacts and talk with people, the people here are a little harder to talk to. When you have never worked in an area like this you just don't know what to do, it was pretty funny. He told me after working in my area all day that it made him more grateful for his area.

I do want to tell you guys how much I love it here. Asa Norte of Brasilia is hard at times but this week I have just felt a lot of satisfaction in our work here, I have learned a lot and I know that comes from our diligence in the work despite the difficulties. We have had some really neat experiences happen to us here.

My companion is the District leader of this area which means he is "in charge" of 6 missionaries, and then me, his companion. So one day a missionary called us up at night saying that they were a little tired and a little frustrated with the day and they wanted some kind a challenge to get excited about the work. So my companion said a small prayer and told them to knock 6 doors. On the last door they found a family of 9 people and they all came to church this last week. It was a cool testimony builder to see a leader receive revelation for his district.

But anyways that's it this week I hope you guys are all doing great, love you all so much,

No comments:

Post a Comment