Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Thursday, May 7, 2015

MTC Week 5

Wow, it's crazy to think that this is the last week I have here at the MTC.  I should be getting my reassignment tomorrow or the next day, and when I get it I should be allowed to email home to let you all know where I'm going and whatever other information they give me.  I'm really excited!!

This week has been really great, in fact the MTC only gets better and better. This week Elder Belcher and I had a really neat experience.  On Friday we had the opportunity to Skype a member in Brazil to teach a lesson, we were so scared!  So Elder Belcher and I are trying to figure out what to teach during planning and I suggested that we teach a Christ-like attribute, Elder Belcher agreed and eventually we decided that we should teach about Hope.  So the time came to teach and we started the Skype call.  The member was really cool although there were a lot of technical issues with the sound.  In the end we were able to teach a lesson about hope and during the lesson he started crying.  That surprised us a little but eventually we all teared up a little bit.  He said this was exactly the message he needed, he told us how hard it is to raise a family of three kids, financially, and he asked us to pray for his family.  It really made me realize that just because these people are members doesn't mean that they have perfect lives.  That was a really cool experience.

A lot of people are getting their visas, like half of our district has them, and two sisters who were supposed to leave this morning to California (for their reassignment) were told that their visas came and that they had new flight plans.  So I actually think I might be getting mine pretty soon, even if I am reassigned for a bit, so that's pretty exciting!

The language is still coming along alright, I'm learning faster than most but by no means am I the fastest learner, that title goes to Elder Bishop, but I'm surprised how much I'm able to understand.

On Sunday we had a mission conference and our devotional was given by Elder Holland's son who is the president of UVU (I feel a little bad calling him Elder Holland's son).  But his talk was actually really good, the entire day was about Joseph Smith and there were some amazing talks given.

I want you all to know that I love you so much and that this Gospel is amazing.  Again, I love you all so much, keep up the letters.

Elder Chandler Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment