Elder Chandler Hyer

Elder Chandler Hyer
Elder Chandler Hyer

Monday, January 25, 2016

Planalto - Asa Norte - Brasilia Week 1

Oi Pessoal!! 

I hope you all have had an amazing week as I have had the pleasure of having here.

Brasilia is a really cool city, planned from the beginning before it was built, built in the shape of an airplane (look it up), and it´s very pretty, (not as pretty as Hilton Head), and just really neat. Brasila also has everything, it's like living back in the States. I was shocked when I walked into a normal air-conditioned grocery store that had literally everything including some imported food that is from the States, that was neat. We have every American fast-food restaurant as well as some of the nicer ones (I saw Outback the other day), and some cool tourist places as well. But what comes with having everything also comes people that are a little bit less receptive. It can be hard to show people that they need the gospel of Jesus Christ when they feel like they have everything. But we have managed to find a few really cool people to teach.

It has rained every single day this week, and it rained hard. Friday I forgot my umbrella (not overly smart) and my companion lost his (less smart) and we both ended up coming home completely soaked which was less than fun.

The ward here is great, it is such a difference coming from a place where the church is just getting started, still in the beginning stages, to a strong established Ward building with lots of members. We have lunch in a different place every day, and here if our lunch appointment falls through (the members feed us) they give us money to go eat out! so that's cool.

Not a whole lot else to say besides I really am liking it here, I love life as a missionary, there is really no better life than this one. The time is flying by.

Love you all tons, have a great week,

Elder Hyer

No comments:

Post a Comment